I Have Not Forgotten
I have not forgotten.
I have not forgotten you my friend - your face, your tears and your wrinkled fingers. I just want to let you know that you came to my mind today and still, i feel that tug in my heart. it seems i have not gotten over you yet.
we still acknowledge you, the difference you made in our lives. i still acknowledge you, the strength you imparted to me with your life. you helped me learn to be strong, and taught me what is faith. you showed me how unconditional and timeless love can really be...
i guess there is still this surrealism of reality. life is deceiving sometimes and nothing goes the way we want. but i know that nothing that God allows to happen is meaningless and pain always leaves you a story of strength. i just wanted to let you know that i still think of you. i still keep a part of you with me, and im still guilty of dreaming of the 'could be's. but not to worry, im doing fine. and i know what i am to do and that i am supposed to let you go. after all, you always have been an image of second chances and im not going to allow my own dejection to mess with your story.
you are my first.
you are my friend.
you are my teacher.
you are my hero.
i love you.
goodbye.

<< Home